Are you amateur or professional photographer?
No problem! Please share your photos for cause, and win the prizes.
CONCEPT NOTE: The world is weary of conflicts, intolerance, violence, injustice, discrimination and wars. The humankind is in search of peace. It is our heartfelt wish to see everyone living in peace, free from the threat of conflicts, intolerance, violence etc. So that peace cannot be imposed from the top or imported from outside. It is built from the ground up. And peace begins with all of us through human values.
Have you ever wondered about the power of simple acts like sharing, caring and kindness? SHARING is the key to building a better peaceful world: Right from shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half sorrow that brings differences together and cooperation nurtures the construction of peace. There is happiness in giving, there is joy in sharing and there is peace through sharing. But how can we do this? What about art like photography as a good and powerful way to express your feelings and your message?
Thus, as a part of our peace-building initiatives, we, Indialogue Foundation in collaboration with Rajan’s School of Photography, Hyderabad are inviting all the photo lovers either amateur or professional to the ‘National Photo Story Contest’ on the theme of “PEACE THROUGH SHARING”. We request all the participants to describe the theme with minimum eight and maximum twelve photos clicked by them that highlight the way in which the common act of SHARING can help society build PEACE. Photographs should try to show the power and the role of SHARING to bring and construct PEACE.
CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Indialogue national photo story contest is open and free of charge to all photographers in India, Amateur or Professional.
- The submissions will be accepting through online only.
- To submit kindly click Submission Form
- As the contest is photo story you should submit minimum 8 or maximum 12 color or black and white photos in order number (e.g.: 01, 02, 03)
- You must provide artist statement for the body of work (max 100 words)
- Photos must be in JPEG format, with high quality and resolution as a single folder (.zip, .rar)
- All submitted Photos must not contain any tag(s), signature(s), initial(s), frame, border(s), logo(s) or any other references and/or marks added by the Participant.
- Basic technical editing of the Photo(s) is acceptable, provided any such editing does not affect the authenticity and/or genuineness of the Photo(s). Advanced editing used to create illusions, deceptions and/or manipulations, including compositing and creative retouching of the Photo(s) are prohibited. Indialogue Foundation preserves the right to assess and discard from the Competition any submitted Photo(s) deemed, at Indialogue Foundation’s own discretion, contrary to the foregoing.
- For the shortlisted photographs, the Award has the right to ask for the original/RAW file. All the shortlisted should submit the original photographs in maximum 7 days. Otherwise, the photograph will be disqualified from the competition.
- Submitted Photos must be a single work of original material created and/or taken by You, must not contain any materials owned or controlled by a third party for which You have not obtained a license, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
- Photo(s) that have won any previous award(s), whether in any Indialogue Foundation prior competition(s), or in any other competition(s), and/or Photos that have been previously used, or are intended to be used, for any kind of commercial purposes, must not be submitted. Any Photo(s) submitted in contrary to the foregoing will be automatically and without further notice discarded from the entire Competition.
- If you have been announced as a winner of the Competition (in any category), You grant to Indialogue Foundation, a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty free, sub-licensable right and license to use, publish, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, create derivative works, distribute, have distributed, promote Your winning Photos, in whole or in part, in any form, in all media forms now or hereafter known, anywhere in the world and for any purpose (not for commercial purpose), including but not limited to: display at a potential exhibition of winners, publication of a book featuring select entries in the Competition, publication in Indialogue Foundation materials and/or online highlighting entries or winners of the Competition, and promoting the work of Indialogue Foundation generally.
- Indialogue Foundation’s appointed judging panel shall assess and determine the winning Photos and Indialogue Foundation judging panel have the right, at its absolute discretion, to turn down or reject any Photos or Submissions without having to give any notice or explanation to the relevant Participant.
- The winner photos will be exhibited and the prizes and certificates shall be handed over to the winners in a public ceremony so that winners must attend to the award ceremony to collecting the prizes.
Winner Rs. 15,000
Second Rs. 10,000
Third Rs. 7,000
Special Jury Award Rs. 5,000
Name: Mr. Zainuddeen VP (Secretary, Indialogue Foundation, Hyderabad Office)
Tel: +91 4023371295, +91 7675003706
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
15th February 2016
Date of Results:
22nd February 2016
Exhibition and Award Ceremony:
12th March 2016