Indialogue Foundation offers internships for students and research scholars interested in learning the fundamentals of dialogue, developing research skills and participating in the organisation of different academic and cultural events. This internship program will enable students and research scholars to take part in major activities of the Foundation while pursuing their studies.
Indialogue internship programs are known for quality mentorship and deep commitment towards educating young minds about the concept and importance of dialogue. The goal of the program is to develop an informed and responsible workforce committed to advancing peace, understanding and dialogue in India and abroad.
Indialogue Foundation is an action-oriented international dialogue and peace organisation. It was founded in 2005 in New Delhi through the vision of a group of Turkish and Indian citizens. It is inspired by rational and spiritual thoughts of the eminent scholars and spiritual leaders of the world.
Its objectives are to champion proactive studies, pioneer international, intercultural and interfaith dialogue initiatives and to promote universal values such as love, respect, harmony, co-existence, cooperation, care and peace. It contributes to information exchange and networking on current issues of dialogue and peace building through its analyses and reports as well as academic and social meetings and conferences. It envisions eradicating polarisation, animosity and prejudice among communities and groups through its academic, social, interfaith and intercultural events, programs and projects.
The interns will be required to maintain a weekly diary describing the activities they have conducted during the course of the internship. At the completion of the internship they will have to submit the diary along with a 2000-word academic article on a subject that may have attracted their attention during the internship period.
The main focus for the interns shall be our academic activities. However they may be asked to assist in administrative related works that directly relate to the organisation’s mission and vision. This will help them learn the functioning of a non-profit organisation. The tasks include dealing with the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and coordinating in the organisation of events.
Depending on timing of events, interns may be asked to work outside the office hours, if required. Most events are held during the weekdays; however, there is always a possibility of an event during the weekend.
Note: While attending events and conferences, interns must bear in mind that they represent Indialogue Foundation and therefore must behave in a professional and respectful manner.
Duties may include the following:
- Reaching prominent government and media officials, opinion-makers, academics, diplomats, clergy and other civic leaders
- Making invitee lists, preparing and sending hard copy and email invitations
- Maintaining contact database
- Checking the venue for the conferences and seminars, etc.
- Working with photographers and cameraman
- Conducting interviews
- Editing speeches and interview transcripts, preparing news updates for the website
- Keeping an eye out for dialogue related events in India and abroad
- Preparing press releases
- Designing, assembling and distributing press kits
- Participating in brainstorming sessions
- Visiting religious organisations, think tanks and research centres
The internship works will be guided by a mentor who will monitor the weekly tasks of the interns and check the assignments they are working on. He will provide necessary tips required for maintaining weekly diary and writing academic articles. He will make sure that the interns are benefiting to the best of their capabilities from the internship program. The interns will have the opportunity to give feedback to the mentor as well.
Who are we looking for?
Candidates with qualities/attributes mentioned below are highly preferred:
- student at any university (Master or PhD)
- holder of a three years full-time degree (bachelor’s level or equivalent) from a university
- impressive research skills and high academic achievements
- good editing and report writing skills
- organisational and time management skills
- intercultural communication and team building skills
- fluency in the English language
- creative, flexible and pro-active attitude
- motivational skills and dynamism
- strong interest in the concept and dynamics of dialogue
- desire to learn about other cultures and open-minded non-judgmental attitude
- proficiency in Microsoft Office
Students of International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications and other related fields will be given preference.
Duration of internship
- The duration of Indialogue Internship Program is four months. It will start from 1st February 2018 and will continue until 30th April 2018 (an intern is expected to spend at least 10 hours at the Foundation in a week). In case of an event, the intern may have to spend extra time apart from a minimum weekly requirement of 10 hours.
- Every intern will be given a certain amount of stipend every month.
The application process is explained as follows:
- Interested candidates will have to download and fill the Internship Application Form and send it along with updated CV and a passport size photograph via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (for Delhi), email@example.com (for Hyderabad), firstname.lastname@example.org (for Mumbai), email@example.com (for Bangalore) before the deadline of 25th January 2018.
- Once you have successfully submitted your application, we will examine your documents and the shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview on 27th January 2018.
- The selected candidates will be informed through email.
Application form can be downloaded by clicking on this link: Internship Application Form
Documents to be sent while applying
- completed application form
- updated CV
- passport size photo
Selection will be based on merit of the candidates and their performance in the interview.
Application deadline: 25th January 2018
Interview date: 27th January 2018
Commencement of internship: 1st February 2018
Completion of internship: 30th April 2018