Indialogue Foundation is an action-oriented international dialogue and peace organization, founded in 2005 in New Delhi, through the vision of a group of Turkish and Indian people. Foundation is inspired by sensible and spiritual thoughts of the eminent scholars and spiritual leaders of the world.
Its objectives are to champion proactive studies, pioneer international, intercultural and interfaith dialogue initiatives and to promote universal values as love, respect, harmony, co-existence, cooperation, care and peace. Indialogue contributes to information exchange and networking on current issues of dialogue and peace building through its analyses and reports as well as academic and social meetings and conferences. Indialogue Foundation envisions eradicating polarization, animosity and prejudice among communities and groups through its academic, social, interfaith and cultural events, programs and projects.
Indialogue Foundation in its nine years’ tenure in India with five offices in New Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bangalore organizes notable interfaith forums, cultural events, academic conferences, contests, study trips etc. It tries to bring mutual understanding among all community and to build peace and harmony in the world.
Here, Indialogue Foundation comes forward with a new opportunity for those who interested in doing internship with the organization. Through this project, the foundation aims at developing an internship program where students and research scholars can take part in it along with pursuing their study. Foundation believes that working with student volunteers in such programs makes a great learning experience and it will be beneficial for both in the power of personal and professional development by inter-cultural exchange. Indialogue internship programs are known for the exceptional quality of mentorship and the unique set up that ensures Indialogue will meet its goals in a sustainable way by a high quality contribution of volunteers. The goal of the Indialogue Internship Program is to develop an informed and skilled work force committed to advancing peace, understanding and dialogue both in the India and worldwide.
The main focus for interns is for educational purposes. But students may be asked to assist in administrative-related purposes that directly relate to the organization’s mission and vision. This will help students learn what it takes to work in a non-profit organization. The tasks include dealing with the day-to-day operations of the organization and helping coordinate events. Though the interns are expected to work in specific departments, they should be prepared to work with various departments under the Foundation at any condition.
Interns may also be asked to attend events to work after-hours as needed depending on programming schedules. Most events are held during the week; however, there is always the possibility of an event during the weekend. While interns are attending events and conferences, they are reminded that they represent Indialogue Foundation and to behave in a professional and respectful manner.
Available Internship positions are below:
- Project Internship
- Multimedia and Web Design Internship
- Public Relation Internship
The responsibility of the interns of these centres will be about general projects of Indialogue Foundation including, conferences, seminars, intercultural trips and social responsibility projects. Indialogue Foundation prefers for this centre the graduated students in International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, or other related fields in the social sciences and arts.
Duties may include the following:
- Reaching prominent government, corporate and media officials, opinion-makers, academics, diplomats, clergy and other civic leaders.
- Making invitee lists, preparing and sending hard copy and email invitations.
- Maintaining contacts database
- Checking the venue ready for the conferences and seminars, etc.
- Working with Photographer and Cameraman.
- Having interviews.
- Editing speeches and interviews, preparing news updates for the website working with the webmaster.
- Following events in India and abroad related to the field of Indialogue Foundation.
- Preparing press releases and contacting with media persons.
Multimedia and Web Design Internship
The responsibility of the intern is to assist with social media and web design projects. Indialogue Foundation prefers graduated students for this centre the graduated students in Computer Sciences, Arts, International Relations, Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology, Journalism, Communications, or other related fields in the social sciences.
Duties may include:
Working directly with the Multimedia Coordinator and Web Designer
- Assisting in the creation of interactive projects.
- Assisting in the creation of training, marketing and corporate videos.
- Developing PowerPoint presentations and prepare supporting content.
- Monitoring CD duplication, tape digitization, materials management and archiving.
- Developing the look, feel and performance of the site.
- Assisting in the development & concept of the site.
- Optimizing , editing and uploading images for web use
- Collecting contents and inputting.
- Maintenance & Support Requests
- Having some demonstrated skills in the area of design, writing, or programming, as well as some understanding of the production process.
- Having generally at least one of those intermediate skills in:
- Adobe Flash, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Video production and nonlinear editing.
- Operating camera and editing the video footage
Public Relations Internship
Indialogue Foundation prefers for this centre the graduated students in Journalism, Communications, International Relations, and Public Policy, Political Science, Sociology or other fields in the social sciences.
Duties may include:
- Writing, editing and distributing a wide variety of PR materials, including press releases, media alerts, calendar listings and pitch letters.
- Designing, assembling and distributing press kits.
- Creating, updating and maintaining specific media lists.
- Participating in creative brainstorming sessions.
- Delivering pitch materials to press members.
- Monitoring media coverage for clients and helping with monthly status reports.
- Administrative duties associated with PR account management, as needed.
- Public Relations or related field of study is an asset for the candidate.
Mentorship and Recruitment
The internship works will be guided by a mentor who will monitor the weekly tasks of intern/volunteer and check assignments he is working on. He will also make sure that the intern is getting much learning experiences through internship program. Meanwhile, the intern/volunteer is expected to give feedbacks to mentor as well.
The recruitment process will be done in collaboration with organizations which have prior association with the Foundation, from universities, and other institutions all over the country.
Interested candidates can apply by sending official application form of internship programs available on Indialogue website to E-mail IDs of various regional offices of Indialogue Foundation with supporting documents such CV and resumes etc… Selection will be based on merits and performance of candidate in interview.
Interns will also be offered with scholarship during service period.
Who are we looking for?
Candidates with qualities mentioned below are highly preferred.
- Student at any University (Master or PhD).
- Completion of three years of full-time studies (bachelor’s level or equivalent) at a university prior to commencing the assignment.
- Enrolment in an advanced degree programme (Master or PhD at the time of application.
- Professional learning experience in organization.
- Resource mobilization and multi skills.
- Expert research skills and high academic achievements.
- Good Documentation, proficiency in editing and report writing skills.
- Superior organizational and time management skills.
- Intercultural communication and team building skills.
- Excellent Communication skills and extensive linguistic knowledge.
- Fluency in the working language of the office of assignment (English).
- Creative, flexible and pro-active attitude.
- Motivation skills and dynamism.
- Strong interest in the meaning, mechanics and potential of Dialogue.
- Desire to learn about other Cultures and open-minded non-judgmental attitude.
- Interest in learning about Turkey, Middle East and Eurasia.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and IT.
- Good mental and physical health.
Duration of Internship, Scholarship
- The duration of Indialogue Foundation internships is from January 2016 – December 2016 to a maximum of one year on a part time basis (A minimum of 15 hours is required to be given in a week). In case of programs and events which are more often organized by the Foundation, an intern needs to attend the events and spend extra time apart from a minimum required of 15 hours in a week.
- Every intern will be given scholarship
At Indialogue Foundation, we have a multifaceted application process to get to you know as a candidate and select the students and graduates for the many positions and teams that host interns:
- Candidates have to download and fill the Indialogue Foundation internship program application form and send it to Indialogue mail IDs of 5 various branches before the deadline of 18th November 2015.
- Once you have submitted your application, if we determine you to be a potential candidate our Internship Coordinator will reach out and call you for interview on the date 21-22 November 2015.
- After reviewing your pre-screen application and completion of interview process with our Internship Coordinator to further discuss your qualifications and interests, if we determine your background and interests to be a good match for one of our open positions, you will have the opportunity to join this internship program.
- Candidates may download the internship application form from the Indialogue official website and send it back to their regional offices of Indialogue Foundation by putting their full names on as subject. Application forms are available on this link (Internship Application form).
Applications Deadline: 18 November 2015
Interview dates: 21-22 November 2015
Regional E-mail IDs are given below.